Sunday, August 12, 2012

Second ofatumumab treatment

So this past Friday I had my second infusion of ofatumumab (Arzerra), this time a total dose of 2000 mg was to be given by the same slowly increasing rates, this time in the onco office. I had gotten through the 300 mg dose last week without reaction but was not so lucky this time,  about 3-4 hours into the protocol I got feeling weird with some shivering, after I had sweated profusely. The infusion was stopped, I was given more Decadron. My doc elected to send me downstairs to get platelets as once again the count was only 7K. (no RBC since did not have much time and Hgb 7.7) The only good news on my counts was that the WBC fell to 40K from 80K the week prior, presumably in response to the first albeit low dose of ofatumumab.  After getting the platelets I went back upstaris for an attemtpt to get more of the infusion, but had a sweating reaction again and they had to stop again. I probably did not get even a third of the total dose so the plans for next week are do the infusion in the hospital so can get even if takes all night...and if I need blood cells can also get. As much as I hate the idea of staying in hospital I need to get the full dose of Arzerra to get any benefit.....

No comments:

Post a Comment