Saturday, January 26, 2013

Update: some progress?

I saw Dr Porter yesterday. He was pleased that my nodes are remarkably smaller. If my marrow could start to produce normal cells I would still be eligible for the CAR trial.  They are looking more deeply into whether I really match the two unrelated donors they found on the initial search. Dr. Porter wants to do another cycle of the high dose methlyprednisolone which was scheduled for week after next. He said that if my response does not include the marrow recovering, they wouldn't want to wait too long before doing the transplant. I thinks this means of course they would clear the marrow as much as possible with the pre-transplant conditioning. 

Who knows, I could have a transplant by the spring, yikes! Dr.  Porter did note that I seemed to be requiring transfusions a little less often with platelet counts that stayed above 20K for up to 4-5 days after the last transfusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment