Sunday, October 14, 2012

Continued hints of progress and one more weekly Arzerra infusion

My last blood count, 2 days ago, showed a total WBC of 3.0K and again platelets of only 14K so got some platelets to hold me over the weekend. My onco decided to go for that last weekly Arzerra so would get the whole course of 7 full doses. I hope the low WBC represents continuing death of bad lymphocytes but of course no doubt also includes significant neutropenia.....

On another note the biopsy of the skin lesion on my scalp showed basal cell cancer so now I have to have my third Mohs surgery in 5 years (see this explanation on MayoClinic.com). One squamous and two basal cell skin cancers. I guess I should have worn hats more when younger...but of course CLL is a risk factor for skin cancer and then my mother suffered horribly from multiple skin cancers. Oh well the CLL in relapse is the real beast I have to deal with.

Going to try to reach out to my brother again re: possible stem cell transplant.

No comments:

Post a Comment