Monday, April 29, 2013

Just out of hospital for febrile neutropenia, again

So, I was admitted once again to HUP on Tuesday with a fever to 102.6 and zero (as in none, nil, nada) neutrophils. This was despite getting Neulasta after my #3 dose of CHOP-R. I was surprised since this did not happen after #2 but in the pivotal trial 18% on placebo and 1% on Neulasta had febrile neutropenia (there' s some classic van Saun luck for ya!)
But all went well counts started rising with ANC of 880 on discharge, afebrile and taking today off work to hang out with cousin visiting from Kansas, Pics are from my IV-untethered visit to a delightful patio off the first floor of the Rhoads Pavilion, along Hamilton Walk, and right across the med school library where I last studied in...1974! also my hospital room and me being cheerful! For once ...









1 comment:

  1. That node is muh smaller, that's great. Hope you stay afebrile and recover from the latest round soon! Love you, stay strong

    ReplyDelete