Friday, April 19, 2013

R-CHOP #3, so far so good

Updating my condition, I got R-CHOP #3 several days ago as Dr Porter was pleased that the lymph node in my neck on the left decreased in size and that my blood counts continue to improve. With a hemoglobin of 11.2 I finally am getting back to normal; it was last at that level in October 2011!  Same with my platelet count up to 190K, it has not been that high probably in 5 years!

Yesterday I got my Neulasta shot, and in corticosteroid induced euphoria I decided to wear my John Lester Red Sox since he was scheduled to pitch last night (he won by the way to go 3-0 and the Sox are leading the AL East as we go into the last week and a half of April)
On the elevator a man my wife thought was a doctor (perhaps by his arrogance) questioned why I was wearing Red Sox jersey, after all this is Philly the home of true sports fanatics.  I explained that Lester was an inspiration to me as a survivor of T cell leukemia, about which said doctor was surprised. See me in my jersey below


1 comment: