Sunday, April 7, 2013

Some signs of hope...

So I got my second R-CHOP a week and a half ago, avoided febrile neutropenia so far thanks to Neulasta, and minimal side effects - maybe a little numbing in the feet from vincristine peripheral neuropathy, lower red cells and platelets but not enough to need a transfusion, so far. The only place I could lose hair is with goatee and that is going nowhere (see my mug shot below).

But the really good news is that my quite enlarged lymph nodes are decreased in size, so with a potential 4 more cycles of CHOP-R maybe this presumed transformation can be beaten back.

To sum up the good news, and stealing from Mark Twain, the rumors of my imminent demise (started by knowing too damn much) have been greatly exaggerated....I just freaked out when I saw the Richter's survival curves, but maybe I have the better prognosis large cell lymphoma, the de novo type that is not derived from CLL cells, only time will tell but I feel that I am on a good path!

1 comment: